Mad Swirl / Swirve
Open Mic and spoken word
February 6, 2013
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas-based mad swirl is, so they say, "a platform, a showcase, a stage" to highlight artists in "this mad, mad world." Every first Wednesday of the month, they sponsor an open mic night. Tonight's features Swirve, also from Dallas, whose members play the trumpet backwards, the drums upside-down, and sing "kinda sideways." So they say.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
- Absinthe Lounge: $2 drafts, $3 wells, $4 calls, $5 martinis
- City Tavern: $3 Wells
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Pastime Tavern: Ladies night: $1.50 domestics
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas