Cine de Oro: Cada Quien su Vida
February 6, 2013
2600 Live Oak Street , Dallas, TX
The LCC's February installment of Cine de Oro will feature Cada quién su vida. As is often the case, evil or at least, a very loose morality is more convincing than the straight and narrow in this interesting drama about corruption and night life in Mexico. Based on a play by Luis Basurto, the panoply of nighttime denizens of the city's bars and clubs makes its way across the screen: women looking out for men to prey upon, a deputy and a policeman who can be bought when the need arises, and a nightclub owner whose sole interests swing between money and women. As this seamier side of the night is revealed in the first half of the film, two women (Ana Luisa Peluffo and Kitty de Hoyos) start heading toward a rethinking of their values.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Adair's Saloon: Dom./Prem. buckets (6 beers) - $14/$17
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics / $7 "Waddle with a Sailor"
- Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar: half-price bottles of wine priced $50 or less
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger