1909 Woodall Rogers Freeway , #100 , Dallas, TX
Our screening of American Homes in November didn’t have a huge crowd, but got great reviews, so we will rescreen it in February. This time, we will screen two additional bonus features as well.
American Homes is the 12 minute version of the film that has been making the rounds on the festival circuit. The American Idea of Home is a 25 minute version with narration by Gwendolyn Wright, Professor of Architecture at Columbia University.
The two linked films offer an animated exploration of the American home. The first gathers voices from the world of design and architecture that weigh in on what a house is and can be. In the second, renowned historian Gwendolyn Wright offers a mind-bending tour of 1800 years of American culture through the lens of residential design.
We will begin the evening with a reception and light refreshments, followed by the screening at 6:30 p.m. As always, we'll stick around for a few minutes afterwards for a discussion of the film.
$10 donation requested at the door. To RSVP, send e-mail to info@DallasCFA.com.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- The Idle Rich Pub: $3 mimosas by the glass / $7 mimosas by the carafe / $3 Red Stellas, Bloody Marys and Greyhounds
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- Press Box Grill: $1 off all draft beers
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day