Reception - The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection
6404 Robert S. Hyer Lane , Southern Methodist University , Dallas, TX
Over the course of 40 years of collecting, Robin Stanford has amassed an exceptional group of Civil War photographs, numbering in the thousands. The most striking aspect of her collection is not only the sheer quantity of images, mostly stereographs, but the number of rare views by almost unknown photographers and in locations not much documented. For the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War, the DeGolyer Library is displaying the Robin Stanford photograph collection.
DeGolyer Library presents Robin Stanford's Civil War photography exhibit opening with speaker Richard B. McCaslin, PhD, Chair of the Department of History at the University of North Texas and specialist in Civil War history. Reception in the Texana Room at 6pm and lecture in the Stanley Marcus Reading Room at 6:30pm
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking