Opening Reception - Materials: Hard and Soft
February 8, 2013
to 8 PM
400 East Hickory Street , Denton, TX
The Greater Denton Arts Council presents the 26th Annual Materials: Hard & Soft National Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition.
This exhibition, which has run continuously since 1987, was the idea of local artist, Georgia Leach Gough. The name, Materials: Hard & Soft, refers to the entire range of fine craft. This competition and ensuing exhibition still draws the attention of fans of contemporary craft across the country.
Opening reception is Friday, February 8, 2013, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, recognition of awards at 6:45 pm. To obtain additional information about the exhibit either visit the GDAC’s website, www.dentonarts.com, or call 940-382-2787.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer