Arts & Letters Live: Artful Musings - Nic Nicosia
February 8, 2013
Nic Nicosia is an internationally renowned photographer and filmmaker whose work is owned by many premier museums across the country, including MoMA, the Whitney, the Guggenheim, and the DMA. He will discuss his artistic process and the stories behind his work. Philipp Meyer has been named to Granta’s list of “Best Young American Novelists” and one of “20 best writers under 40” by the New Yorker. He will read an excerpt from his short story inspired by a Nic Nicosia photograph. The event will be moderated by Sue Graze, the Director Emeritus of Arthouse at the Jones Center in Austin and will also include catalogue contributor Michelle White, Curator of The Menil Collection in Houston.
$35. Ticket and book combo: $75 (Buy the book and attend the event for free.) To purchase tickets online https://www.tickets.dallasmuseumofart.org/public/ or call 214-922-1818
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Stoneleigh P: $2.75 drafts, $3.50 wells
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Fedora Northern Italian: $2.50 domestic bottles, $3.50 long island iced teas, $4.50 premium wells / $6 pizzas
- T/X Restaurant: $3 domestic beers, $5 house wines, $5 well drinks
- Reno's Chop Shop Saloon: $3.50 wells, $2.00-$3.00 Domestics & more
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger