Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet
2403 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
$12 - $125
In their highly anticipated return to the TITAS season and the Winspear stage, we welcome Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet back to Dallas, The program features new works by some of the world’s most sought after choreographers and composers—including famed Czech choreographer Jiří Kylián, UK-based Hofesh Shechter and Canada’s Crystal Pite.
Since their last appearance in the 2010-11 TITAS season, Cedar Lake have garnered rave reviews for their sexy, Euro-styled “dance installation”—and were voted “Best Dance Event of 2011” in Dallas by TheaterJones.com. The New York-based company is taking the dance world by storm with its combination of exquisite classical technique and edgy physicality. The result, says the New York Times, "…pulls viewers right out of their seats…" with its "…weird and wonderful poetry of the body." The Village Voice offers its own assessment of Cedar Lake: "…fierce, athletic and compulsively sensual."
Cedar Lake performs under the leadership of artistic director Benoit-Swan Pouffer—a native of Paris and a former Alvin Ailey dancer. Always a TITAS favorite, Cedar Lake promises to be a highlight of the 2012-13 season.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: