Anjelah was born and raised in San Jose, California and is of Mexican and Native American descent. She is one of five children and has a large extended family that she remains close to. In the beginning of her career Johnson was a professional cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders. As an Oakland Raiderette, she was named Rookie of the Year and even performed in Super Bowl XXXVII. After that year she decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of acting.
She became an internet sensation with her viral video “Nail Salon” which led to many stand up and performance opportunities. That same year she joined the cast of “MADtv” as a series regular, which spawned another internet sensation “Bon Qui Qui." This original character, a disgruntled fast food employee with no filter, has been enjoyed, viewed and replicated by over fifty-five million people worldwide. Recently, Anjelah recorded and released a full length rap song and music video as Bon Qui Qui with more tracks in the works. The song and the video are currently available on iTunes.
Anjelah has appeared in multiple ads & commercials including campaigns for Sprint, Visa, Snickers, Verizon, All-State, K-Swiss, Dryers Ice Cream and she is currently the spokesperson for a Texas based restaurant chain, Taco Cabana. As well, Anjelah has guest starred on shows such as The Shield, Ugly Betty, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and others all while traveling with her stand-up comedy.
In June 2009 Anjelah recorded a one-hour special for Comedy Central and Warner Brothers Records. A second special is set to be released from her hometown of San Jose, CA this year.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Dakota's Steakhouse: $$2 Bud Light draft, $2.50 margaritas, $3 well drinks, $3.50 Bellinis, $3.50 house wines
- Pastime Tavern: Cheap Beer Night: $1.50 Lonestar, Pearl, and Pabst Blue Ribbon
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day