2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Dinner At the No-Go’s
February 9, 2013
109 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
In the global media, extremes of religious, political, economic and cultural life command attention and skew perceptions of risk and reality. In the US especially, where local, regional and national news are emphasized to the near exclusion of international coverage, the average citizen or consumer is ignorant or miss-informed about other peoples.
Our goal is to inform, educate and engage audiences in order to diminish the distortions of ignorance and fear on international understanding exchange. Dinner in the No-Go’s put a human face and a personal perspective on places we have been advised not to travel but having dinner parties with the locals in these countries.
Our goal is to inform, educate and engage audiences in order to diminish the distortions of ignorance and fear on international understanding exchange. Dinner in the No-Go’s put a human face and a personal perspective on places we’ve been advised not to travel. And what better symbol of civilized exchange and intimate, informal conversation than the dinner table, a universal metaphor of coming together to share that most fundamental of cultural expressions: food.
This documentary project builds on shared experience, before venturing into issues of contention. It presumes that political exchange, compromise and reconciliation can be wrested from bitterness and enmity, especially when such hostility derives from things we don’t know about others we don’t trust. Dinner in the No-Go’s seeks to promote mutual understanding and peace, putting humor, irony and just a little dash of absurdity into every bite.
Duration: 77 mins
Director/Producer: Marco Orsini
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $2 Miller Light drafts / $2 wells
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $2 wells / $2 Long Island Iced Teas
- Hooligans: $1.25 select domestic drafts / $2 premium drafts
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer