to 4 PM
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$10 - $24
Two years ago, most of the women on the basketball team at the American University of Iraq - Sulaimani (AUIS) had never been running before. Many had never played sports. None had ever been on a team with other women. They came from all corners of Iraq to attend this prestigious school, but many cannot tell family back home they go to an "American" university.
Through traditional interviews and private confessional video diaries, Salaam Dunk follows the ethnically diverse AUIS women's basketball team as they discover what it means to be athletes. From the joy of their first win to the pain of losing the coach who started their team, the film gives a glimpse into an Iraq we don't see on the news.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Half Shells Seafood Grill: $2 drafts, $2 domestic bottles
- Brackets (Closed): $2 mimosas, $2 poinsettias
- Sundown at Granada: $3 beers, $3 wells
- OT Tavern: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $3 imports, $3 shots, $4 calls
- Margarita Ranch: $3 house cocktails / $3 house wines / $5 Grande Margaritas / all beers $2-2.50
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking