2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Vittorio, Capitan Pistone … e tutti gli altri
February 11, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Nobel Prize Alie Wiesel used to say that Alzheimer Disease is like ripping pages from a book, one after the other. Up to the point there are no more pages left, only the cover is there. This description is very explicative about clinical effects of the disease but, if you want to understand his consequences on the person and his relatives lives, try to think about the noise of a page ripping slowly, imagine this noise resounding in the silence, inside of you.
My father had already diagnosed Alzheimer Disease When I started filming with the camcorder the time I spent with him. While my father was regressing to child age, I was trying to get information on how to help him. It was a solitary fight, not against the disease but mostly against the lack of medical services, inefficiency, bureaucracy. However just looking around I realized how many persons were facing the same problem. So I started collecting pages ripped from other books, from other lives. Then I bind them together in this documentary, giving voice and space to emotions, thoughts, facts, that science cannot describe and that, usually, remain enclosed within the home walls, locked in the still prison Alzheimer force you to be.
It took me almost 6 years to produce this documentary, convinced that memories are a patrimony to which we draw to imagine and built a better future. A better society is the one that does not forget, especially who is old, sick or needy.
Duration: 55 mins
Language: Italian with English Subtitles
Director/Producer: Mara Consoli
Co-Producer: Maurizio Carta
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hailey's: $1.50 wells and domestics
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 shots / $3 Long Island Iced Teas
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer