2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Voyage To Amasia
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Voyage To Amasia is a feature documentary inspired by Eric Hachikian's piano trio of the same name. Amasia, Turkey, is the city from which Eric's grandmother fled during the Armenian Genocide. The film traces a path through the past, honoring Eric's grandmother and uncovering what her life in Turkey might have been like. It also explores how the events of nearly a century ago continue to strain the relationship between Armenians and Turks today. Inspired by one family's story, the filmmakers embark on their own journey in hopes of finding a greater understanding between two peoples still at odds.
Duration: 84 mins
Directed & Produced by: Eric Hachikian & Randy Bell
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $1 domestic drafts
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $2 Miller Light drafts / $2 wells
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 mimosas & Bloody Marys
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 shots / $3 Long Island Iced Teas
See more events classified as:
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog