2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Voyage To Amasia
February 11, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Voyage To Amasia is a feature documentary inspired by Eric Hachikian's piano trio of the same name. Amasia, Turkey, is the city from which Eric's grandmother fled during the Armenian Genocide. The film traces a path through the past, honoring Eric's grandmother and uncovering what her life in Turkey might have been like. It also explores how the events of nearly a century ago continue to strain the relationship between Armenians and Turks today. Inspired by one family's story, the filmmakers embark on their own journey in hopes of finding a greater understanding between two peoples still at odds.
Duration: 84 mins
Directed & Produced by: Eric Hachikian & Randy Bell
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer