The Singapore Slingers
5400 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$14 - $25
The Singapore Slingers have been a Pocket favorite since 2008. Based in Dallas and with founder, vocalist and showman, Matt Tolentino, they are truly one of the most unique musical acts in Texas. Specializing in the popular music of 1900-1935, it's an infectious mixture of rags, marches, one steps, two steps, waltzes, tangos, and fox trots. The orchestra uses vintage stock arrangements that are true to the era, some dating back as far as the late 1800s and early 1900s. The Slingers include a full string section and their full sound is achieved by their grand total of 19 musicians, which harkens back to the biggest and grandest orchestras of yesteryear, with musical influences that include everything from Scott Joplin to John Phillip Sousa to Paul Whiteman.
$14 or Couple’s Special 2/$25
Seating and food and beverage service at 6:15, show time at 7:30
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Cafe Izmir: Half-price select wines
- OT Tavern: $2.25 draft beer of the month, $2.50 wells, $3 select shots
- Mockingbird Taproom: $3 Texas Pints, $3 Wells, half-priced starters
- Barley House: $3 Bloody Marys, $8 domestic pitchers, $12 domestic buckets
- Stan's Blue Note: $2.95 vodka drinks, $1.75-$2.95 beer specials
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records