2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Uprising
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $15
Produced by an Academy Award-winning team including the Executive Producer of Taxi to the Dark Side and the Editor of Inside Job, UPRISING tells the story of the Egyptian revolution from the perspective of its leadership and key organizers, their struggle for freedom against tremendous odds, their sacrifice, and the courage and ingenuity that allowed them to succeed. Featuring major figures including four Nobel Peace Prize nominees, several Egyptian presidential candidates, the former foreign ministers of Egypt and Jordan, and former US Ambassadors and White House officials, along with never before seen footage, UPRISING provides the authoritative behind-the scenes view of one of the most dramatic events of our generation.
The film explores the frustrations that had built for decades, the role of social media in unleashing the revolution, and the youth and courage that changed a nation. Their success in forcing the downfall of the regime, one of the most significant foreign policy developments since the fall of the Berlin Wall, has changed the face of the Middle East and provided hope for millions of oppressed people across the world.
The Egyptian revolution was unique, in its use of technology, in its youth, and in its scale. It happened at the heart of a region that is especially important and fragile. Above all, it is a story of profound hope, of courage rewarded, of a people who in a spontaneous, peaceful eruption beat back a police state and threw off the shackles of decades of degradation and oppression.
Duration: 85 mins
Director/Producer/Writer: Fredrik Stanton
Producer: Alexander Davidis
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $2 wells / $2 Long Island Iced Teas
- Hannah's Off the Square: $3.50 Bloody Marys, mimosas and margaritas
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $1 domestic drafts
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 martinis & frozen margaritas
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 house wine by the glass
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog