2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Eleanore & the Timekeeper
February 13, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
The complexities of a mother's sacrifice are discovered when Eleanore, at age 91, moves her developmentally disabled son Ronnie into a group home, after 64 years of devoted companionship and daily ritual in their modest Pennsylvania farmhouse. ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER chronicles the lives of Eleanore and Ronnie Hickman, the Director’s grandmother and uncle. Shot on 16mm, the film is a quiet love story between a mother and son, which records the inevitable transformation in their relationship, and shifting definitions of home over a seven-year span.
Set in a farming and logging community in rural Pennsylvania, the film celebrates the minor spectacle of the everyday. It underscores repetitive cycles in daily routine using a hyperrealist gaze. Using pattern and repetition as unifying themes, the film strives to be simple, anti-psychological and anti-dramatic. The soundtrack features a rich and textured musical score composed by the New York based avant-garde string quartet ETHEL.
Re-framing social issues, including end of life preparations, resources for adults with disabilities, and loneliness among the elderly, ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER mirrors the classic tale of a son’s coming of age, and a mother’s empty nest syndrome, however delayed by some forty years in this case. Through the magnified lens of this mother and son relationship, ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER celebrates life’s natural cycles of monotony and impermanence.
Duration: 77 mins
Director/Producer: Danièle Wilmouth
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: half price featured wine by the bottle / $3 house wine by the glass
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Hooligans: $1.50 wells
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 mimosas & Bloody Marys
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer