2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Eleanore & the Timekeeper
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
The complexities of a mother's sacrifice are discovered when Eleanore, at age 91, moves her developmentally disabled son Ronnie into a group home, after 64 years of devoted companionship and daily ritual in their modest Pennsylvania farmhouse. ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER chronicles the lives of Eleanore and Ronnie Hickman, the Director’s grandmother and uncle. Shot on 16mm, the film is a quiet love story between a mother and son, which records the inevitable transformation in their relationship, and shifting definitions of home over a seven-year span.
Set in a farming and logging community in rural Pennsylvania, the film celebrates the minor spectacle of the everyday. It underscores repetitive cycles in daily routine using a hyperrealist gaze. Using pattern and repetition as unifying themes, the film strives to be simple, anti-psychological and anti-dramatic. The soundtrack features a rich and textured musical score composed by the New York based avant-garde string quartet ETHEL.
Re-framing social issues, including end of life preparations, resources for adults with disabilities, and loneliness among the elderly, ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER mirrors the classic tale of a son’s coming of age, and a mother’s empty nest syndrome, however delayed by some forty years in this case. Through the magnified lens of this mother and son relationship, ELEANORE & THE TIMEKEEPER celebrates life’s natural cycles of monotony and impermanence.
Duration: 77 mins
Director/Producer: Danièle Wilmouth
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Andy's Basement Bar & Grill: $0.75 wells, $1 beers
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 drafts / $3 house wine by the glass / $3 frozen margaritas
See more events classified as:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton