2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Corporate FM
February 14, 2013
115 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
In 1996 commercial radio underwent a quiet revolution. Local station owners everywhere sold their stations as fast as they could to conglomerates. The new owners gutted the staffs.’Corporate FM’ is about what happens when a city loses a communal microphone. Unlike Facebook or Twitter or web-based music sharing applications, locally owned radio reaches thousands of people across many incomes and ages in a single area at the same time with a message unique to that area. That ability is what once moved entire cities to unite around local bands, local charities, local businesses, and even new ideas. Radio insiders reveal with personal stories how radio was destroyed from the inside. They uncover a financial shell game that doomed radio the moment it consolidated.
Duration: 80 mins
Director/Producer: Kevin McKinney
Producer: Jill McKeever
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Hailey's: $3.25 Jager blasters, $3.50 New Belgium beers, $1.75 texas tangos, $4 double Long Islands
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: half price featured wine by the bottle / $3 house wine by the glass
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $10 buckets / $2.50 wells
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer