2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Heart Attack
February 14, 2013
1210 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
HEART ATTACK: The Early Pulse Pounding Cinema of Kelly Hughes. From 1991-1993, while Nirvana and Twin Peaks made the Pacific Northwest hip, Hughes quietly created an unprecedented body of work on Seattle's public access TV. His weekly series Heart Attack Theatre was the video equivalent of grunge rock. Aiming for a classy Twilight Zone style suspense anthology, he ended up with a John Waters-esque shock-a-thon, shooting most of his footage in and around his apartment near the University of Washington. In this documentary, Hughes interviews his actors to reveal a pre-YouTube era of do-it-yourself film-making. And showcases his native Seattle in all its trashy glory.
Duration: 54 mins
Director/Producer: Kelly Hughes
Heart Attack will screen with the short film The Burning of Fry Street.
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Rockin Rodeo: $1.50 wells, $1.50 wine, $1.50 domestic longnecks (Ladies cover - $3.00, Mens cover - $5.00, Minors cover - $6.00)
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 shots / $3 Long Island Iced Teas
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $1 domestic drafts
- Rockin Rodeo: $0.50 wells
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer