2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Much Ado About Knotting
February 14, 2013
115 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Born into a society obsessed with marriages, a young girl, a not-so-young man, and an NRI (Non-Resident Indian) couple are compelled by tradition to look for matches via classifieds, matchmaking bureaus and websites. Confronted with innumerable criteria that determine who is acceptable and who isn't, they question themselves and their choices. As they introspect, the melee of the matchmaking industry continues. At every turn, there are service providers who are ready to snoop, style and solicit potentials on their behalf. People are searching for the ideal one endlessly and the oft-heard question is - When are you getting married? 'Much Ado About Knotting' is a lighthearted chronicle of this very predicament that almost every Indian faces.
Duration: 55 mins
Directed & Written by: Geetika Narang Abbasi & Anandana Kapur
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $2 Miller Light drafts / $2 wells
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Hooligans: $2.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $3.50 frozen drinks
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 house wine by the glass
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer