Music at the Meadows: Concert on the 18th-Century Oldovini Organ
February 14, 2013
5900 Bishop Blvd. , University Park, TX
Kristofer Kiesel, an organ major in SMU’s Master of Music degree program, will present a concert on the Meadows Museum’s Oldovini organ. Built in 1762 by Pascoal Caetano Oldovini for the Cathedral of Evora in Portugal, this single-manual organ is the only instrument by Oldovini to be found outside the Iberian Peninsula. Enjoy a Valentine’s concert of centuries-old music on an 18th-century organ surrounded by masterworks in the museum’s permanent collection.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun