Crow Collection After Dark: Chinese New Year Celebration
2010 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
Celebrate the Year of the Snake as the Crow Collection of Asian Art presents its 14th annual free Chinese New Year Celebration February 15, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. Celebrating a tradition thousands of years old, the Crow Collection of Asian Art’s signature celebration expands this year to include Flora and Harwood Streets with art activities, food trucks, beer and wine, and more spectacular entertainment and cultural experiences than ever before.
Highlights include a rare glow-in-the-dark dragon and lion dance parade; traditional Chinese New Year art-making activities including red envelope decorating, puppet making and creating glowing paper lanterns; martial arts demonstrations; live music and even the chance to be inspired by the exhibition China Through the Lens of John Thomson and take commemorative photos in our Year of the Snake photo booth. Other additions to this year’s event include Asian food trucks including Good Karma Kitchen, SsahmBBq, Nammi and Bombay Street Food, as well as the expansion of beer, wine, and beverages sales throughout the streetscape.
6 – 8:30 p.m. - Snake face painting for kids by Your Enchanted Face (Flora St.)
6 – 10 p.m. - Traditional Chinese New Year family activities including Chinese red envelope decorating, puppet making and creating glowing paper lanterns, plus Chinese candy sampling (Flora St.; supplies limited)
7 – 11 p.m. - Complimentary photo booth to commemorate the Year of the Snake (Flora St.)
8 p.m. - Kung Fu showcase and luminous dragon dance parade (Flora St.)
9:00 – 10:00 p.m. - Performance in the galleries with Four Seasons Choral Society and Chinese Orchestra (Grand Gallery; limited seating)
10 – 11:30 p.m. - DJ Woodtronic spinning Asian, Pop and party favorites (Flora St.)
This event is free and open to the public. VIP seating is available for the 8:00 p.m. dragon dance exclusively for Friends of the Crow Collection. In the event of inclement weather, some activities may be canceled or moved indoors. For event or membership information, call 214-979-6430 or go to crowcollection.org.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Gator's Croc & Roc: $2.75 domestic drafts, $2 off frozen drinks / 1/2 price appetizers at the bar
- Campisi's: $2.50 domestics, $3.25 imports, $2.50 wine, $3 margaritas & wells
- Tate's: $4 select craft draft beers, $4 glasses of featured red and white wines, $4 well drinks
- Adair's Saloon: $6 pitchers, $1.75 singles, $2.25 cans
- Club Dada: $3 drafts
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: