2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Backyard Blockbusters
February 15, 2013
115 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Batman versus the Predator? It happened. Raiders of the Lost Ark remade by kids? It happened. For years, people have been making home movies, many times using pop culture properties that they may not own, but love. In recent years, these types of projects have come to be known as “fanfilms.” Backyard Blockbusters looks at the history and influence of the fanfilm genre, as well as the copyright and fair use problems these films create, featuring highlights from and interviews with the creators of many popular films.
Duration: 119 mins
Directed & Produced by: John Hudgens
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Andy's Basement Bar & Grill: $0.75 wells, $1 beers
- Hooligans: $2.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $2 kamikaze's / $2.25 Coors Orginal drafts
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $10 buckets / $2.50 wells
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer