2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Seadrift vs. the Big Guy
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Filmmaker Randall Dark and subject Jeff McAdams in attendance.
The Texas Water Safari has earned its reputation as the world's toughest canoe race after 50 years of participants battling their way through its rigors. The race is 260 miles long and its participants have 100 hours to accomplish the journey. They start in San Marcos and will encounter rapids, portages, snakes, alligators and extreme exhaustion on their way to the finish in Seadrift.
Jeff McAdams, a big and brash Texan who is known to 'smoke a bit, drink a bit and is told he might be overweight' has decided to take on the Safari because a couple of friends told him he couldn't do it. He's got about 70 days to prepare and hasn't been on the water since he was a Boy Scout. Will grit, determination and bravado be enough to get him to Seadrift?
'Seadrift vs the Big Guy' is a battle of nature vs. man that offers a look into this famous race, introduces viewers to the men and women who take it on and of course, follows the Big Guy on what just may be the dumbest dare he'll ever make good on.
This documentary was shot using 14 different types of camera technology including everything from a 4K camera to sunglasses that record high definition video.
Duration: 53 mins
Director/Producer: Randall Dark
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
These users are fans:
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hooligans: $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 drafts / $3 house wine by the glass / $3 frozen margaritas
- Hailey's: $1 wells and domestics
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
See more events classified as:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton