2013 Thin Line Film Fest - The Lost Reunions
February 15, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Filmmaker Danny Diaz in attendance.
The Lost Reunions is a story following the PT Boaters of World War II. 60,000 navy men fought in the European and Pacific theaters. As of today only handfuls survive to recount the first hand stories of the last Great War. In 1964, a PT Boat Veteran named “Boats” Newberry started PT Boats, Inc with the sole responsibility of preserving the legacy of the PT Boaters. In 2010, the organization hosted its 46th and final Veterans reunion in history.
The history of PT boats in WWII has been mildly reported over the last half century with only 2 feature films made 1945 and 1963. Many of these first hand stories have been lost to history, but now a few have been saved. In 2009, a small film crew from Colorado set out to capture the untold stories of WWII. The filmmakers were able to create a multi-faceted story by documenting the firsthand accounts of the Veterans, spouses and their progeny. The documentary portrays two years of coverage up until the climatic ending 70 years in the making.
Through tireless efforts and unflinching dedication we were able to interview 65 Veterans and gain the respect and trust of PT Boats, Inc. They have opened their doors to us and given us access to their archival library that the organization has curated for the last 46 years. Allowing us to reproduce rare photos and undiscovered footage from World War II.
With a combination of modern editing styles and a non-traditional World War II documentary soundtrack, we plan to bridge the generational gap and tell this story in a way never before seen or heard by the public. We will laugh and cry with the men and women from the Greatest Generation as we discuss their uncertain future and revisit the idea of “lost time”. The story spans 4 continents and 2 oceans as we remember sometimes the only thing that matters is what you leave behind.
Duration: 73 mins
Director/Producer/Writer: Danny Diaz
Producers: Darci Alishouse & Skylar Standley
Writer: Jonathan Hall
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $1 domestic drafts
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $10 buckets / $2.50 wells
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $2.50 Mexican beers / $3.50 Cuervo margaritas
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer