Late Night at the DMA - Chagall: Beyond Color
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Learn more about artist Marc Chagall through talks, tours, films, and performances as we celebrate our newest exhibition, Chagall: Beyond Color. Stay late for the After Hours Music Showcase featuring Hunter Hendrickson.
Late Night Lecture - Chagallism and The Moscow State Yiddish Theater. 7:00 p.m. Join Mel Gordon, Professor of Theater Arts at the University of California, Berkeley, for an illustrated lecture about Marc Chagall and his spectacular work and influence on the Moscow State Yiddish Theatre (GOSET) and his work with other theater companies including his work on Aleko.
Late Night Special Event - Twitter Treasure Hunts. 7:30 and 9:00 p.m. Keep an eye on @DallasMuseumArt and #DMAnights to see clues for our Twitter Treasure Hunt. The first person to find the work of art will win a prize.
Late Night Film - Paris—The Luminous Years (2010). 10:00 p.m. Chagall's Paris was a storm of modernism, uprooting centuries of tradition in the visual arts, music, literature, dance, theater, and beyond. Spotlighting the now-famous key figures in the art world's first avant-garde movement, and tracing who came to Paris and how being in Paris transformed their work, this film features these moments of drama and history as recalled by those at the heart of it all, including Marc Chagall, Igor Stravinsky, Jean Cocteau, and others. This film is not rated. (120 mins.)
Late Night After Hours Music Showcase - Hunter Hendrickson. 10:00 p.m. Dallas musician Hunter Hendrickson is a dynamic blues and rock musician. He was recently nominated for the 2013 Dallas Observer’s Music Award for Best Blues Act and Best Instrumentalist. Presented in partnership with KXT 91.7.
Late Night Tour - Insomniac Tour. 10:30 p.m. Join fellow insomniacs for a tour of our collection led by DMA staff. Meet at the main Visitor Services Desk
Late Night Film - Marc Chagall: Profile of the Artist (2013). 11:00 p.m. Upon discovering that he is living in the old studio of Marc Chagall in Paris, a young English painter's curiosity is aroused and he sets off on the trail of the enigmatic artist through France. Made very shortly before Chagall's death at 97 in March 1985, this is the last film made about the artist during his lifetime and looks at his work through the eyes of a young artist. This film is not rated. (52 mins.)
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- Gator's Croc & Roc: $2.75 domestic drafts, $2 off frozen drinks / 1/2 price appetizers at the bar
- Dallas Comedy House: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $4 Wine
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy