2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Brothers On the Line
February 16, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Filmmaker Sasha Reuther in attendance!
Brothers On The Line is a provocative documentary feature exploring the legacy of the Reuther brothers, labor and civil rights champions, whose leadership of the United Auto Workers (UAW) union transformed the social, economic, and political landscape of a nation. Comprised of never-before-seen footage from the UAW internal archive, stirring first-hand accounts and narration by Martin Sheen, this film takes an in-depth look at a controversial history. It not only weaves a striking personal narrative of one family's commitment, but provides timely commentary on issues that resonate far beyond their era, from the virtual collapse of the 'Big 3' automakers to current debates over workers rights, trade agreements, national health-care, and the Occupy movement. A tour-de-force sure to engage and inspire.
Duration: 80 mins
Director: Sasha Reuther
Producer: Nancy Roth & Sasha Reuther
Writer: Sasha Reuther
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 house wine by the glass
- Hooligans: $2.50 domestic longnecks
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 Chuggers, Blastitos & Long Island Iced Teas
- Hannah's Off the Square: $3.50 Bloody Marys, mimosas and margaritas
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer