2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Informant
February 16, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
In 2005, Brandon Darby became an overnight activist hero when he traveled to Katrina-devastated New Orleans and braved toxic flood waters to rescue a friend stranded in the Ninth Ward. Soon after, he became a founding member of Common Ground, a hugely successful grassroots relief organization. Three years later, after two young activists were arrested at the 2008 Republican National Convention, Darby shocked close friends and activists nationwide by revealing he’d been instrumental in the indictment—he was an FBI informant.
How does someone switch allegiances so radically? Using direct address interviews and reenactments featuring Darby, Director Jamie Meltzer weaves Darby's version of events with the point of view of those he betrayed, as well as voices of his surprising new allies.
Duration: 80 mins
Director: Jamie Meltzer
Producer: George Rush
Cinematographer: Frazer Bradshaw
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hooligans: $2.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $3.50 frozen drinks
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Hannah's Off the Square: $3.50 Bloody Marys, mimosas and margaritas
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer