2013 Thin Line Film Fest - Central Park Five
February 17, 2013
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
In 1989, five black and Latino teenagers were arrested and charged with brutally attacking and raping a white female jogger in Central Park. News media swarmed the case, calling them a "wolfpack." The five would spend years in prison for a crime they didn’t commit before the truth about what really happened became clear. With THE CENTRAL PARK FIVE, this story of injustice finally gets the attention it deserves. Based on Sarah Burns’ riveting book and co-directed by her husband David McMahon and father, the acclaimed doc filmmaker Ken Burns, this incendiary film tells the riveting tale of innocent young men scapegoated for a heinous crime, and serves as a mirror for our times.
Duration: 119 mins
Director/Writer/Producer: Ken Burns, Sarah Burns, & David McMahon
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $10 buckets / $2.50 wells
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hooligans: $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $2.50 Mexican beers / $3.50 Cuervo margaritas
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer