2013 Thin Line Film Fest - In No Great Hurry - 13 Lessons in Life with Saul Leiter
214 West Hickory Street , Denton, TX
$6 - $10
Filmmaker Tomas Leach in attendance.
'I believe there is such a thing as a search for beauty'
Saul Leiter could have been lauded as the great the pioneer of color photography, but was never driven by the lure of success. Instead he preferred to drink coffee and photograph in his own way, amassing an archive of beautiful work that is now piled high in his New York apartment.
An intimate and personal film, In No Great Hurry follows Saul as he deals with the triple burden of clearing an apartment full of memories, becoming world famous in his 80's and fending off a pesky filmmaker.
Duration: 75 mins
Director/Producer: Tomas Leach
Information from the festival website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
- Hailey's: $1.50 wells and domestics
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 drafts / $3 house wine by the glass / $3 frozen margaritas
See more events classified as:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton