President’s Day Celebration
to 8 PM
1200 North Buckner Boulevard , Dallas, TX
Highland Park Cafeteria celebrates President’s Day, Monday February 18 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. with live patriotic piano music. With close to 80 offerings made fresh daily, Highland Park Cafeteria’s classic Southern dishes include Carrot and Raisin, Chicken Fried Steak, Squash Casserole, Fried Okra, Ham and Limas, Liver and Onions and much more.
Highland Park Cafeteria’s “Wall of Presidents” has a long history dating back to the original HPC owners, Sallie Goodman and her son Dewey and their desire to get children interested in US history. Current owner Jeff Snoyer continued the tradition with not only the Presidential portraits, but also portraits of the First Ladies of the United States.
Honoring the occasion, HPC is making and selling 6” fresh baked cherry pies ($6). Kids under 10 years old eat free on President’s Day with the purchase of an adult meal.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Photos: Happy-go-lucky crowd danced polka to Brave Combo tunes at Arboretum
- Australian Shepherd lost in Casa View Haven neighborhood in Dallas
- Travel Channel names the Dallas Arboretum one of America's top 12 botanical gardens
- Photos: Practically skip a stone on White Rock Lake from this mid-century modern's in-home spa
- Goat for the gold: Local 5K raises money for the Sudan with a humorous twist