JFK, History and the Politics of Memory
to 8 PM
411 Elm St. , Dallas, TX
$25 - $35
Three preeminent scholars of American history will utilize Presidents Day and the upcoming 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination as a springboard for examining the changing nature of memory in “JFK, History and the Politics of Memory.” Presented by The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza and Southern Methodist University’s John G. Tower Center for Political Studies and The Center for Presidential History.
The program will feature Edward T. Linenthal, Professor of History at University of Indiana Bloomington, and Timothy Naftali, Senior Research Fellow with the New America Foundation's National Security Studies program, both who have written extensively on the topic. Their conversation will be moderated by SMU presidential historian Jeffrey A. Engel.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Enchilada's: $1 off all drinks
- City Tavern: $2 domestic drafts, $3 wells / 1/2 off appetizers
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $3.50 margaritas, $4 wells
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $6 margaritas; $1 off all liquor
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day