JFK, History and the Politics of Memory
February 19, 2013
to 8 PM
411 Elm St. , Dallas, TX
$25 - $35
Three preeminent scholars of American history will utilize Presidents Day and the upcoming 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination as a springboard for examining the changing nature of memory in “JFK, History and the Politics of Memory.” Presented by The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza and Southern Methodist University’s John G. Tower Center for Political Studies and The Center for Presidential History.
The program will feature Edward T. Linenthal, Professor of History at University of Indiana Bloomington, and Timothy Naftali, Senior Research Fellow with the New America Foundation's National Security Studies program, both who have written extensively on the topic. Their conversation will be moderated by SMU presidential historian Jeffrey A. Engel.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas