February 20, 2013
Dallas Theater Center welcomes North Texans into the studio of artist Mark Rothko in the Texas premiere of Tony Award-winning Red, directed by DTC associate artistic director Joel Ferrell. This production turns the 9th floor of the Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre into Rothko’s studio and gives audience members an intimate look at the brilliant and volatile artist as he undertakes a new commission.
This show also marks the first production-specific collaboration between DTC and the Dallas Museum of Art, which will provide patrons and visitors the opportunity to learn about the world of Rothko by seeing the play at DTC, viewing original works of art by Rothko and his contemporaries at the DMA and engaging in special events about the work with both organizations.
Red opens with preview performances February 7-14 and runs February 15 through March 24.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Stoneleigh P: $2.75 drafts, $3.50 wells
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger