Engineers Week 2013
to 5 PM
1600 Gendy Street , Fort Worth, TX
$10 - $14
See how much fun science, technology, engineering and mathematics can be during Engineers Week 2013. Join us for a week of discovery, building, experimentation and exploration through activities such as:
Lights, Camera, Chromo key – Experience this technology first hand with the help of IBM engineers
Flight Simulator – Try your hand at flying a Lockheed Martin fighter
Electrical Investigations – Explore electricity and learn about semiconductors with Mouser Electronics
Electronics Dissection – Take apart simple electronics to reveal interesting insides
Challenge On! – Join us for different daily engineering challenges
Engineer Meet and Greet – Engineers will be in the building from a variety of fields. Ask them your toughest, and most interesting, questions.
Nature’s Engineers – Learn about some of nature’s natural engineers through specimens from the Museum’s collection
KEVA Competition – Test your skills in building the tallest, strongest structure
Flight Challenge – Build flying objects and let them rip
Digital Trail – Visit the Cattle Raisers Museum to learn how ranchers use technology and engineering to protect their herds
Telescopic Engineering – Learn the ins & out of how telescopes work with the Noble Planetarium staff
All activities are included with paid exhibit admission. Please note, activities are offered on a rotating basis. Engineers are onsite at varying times.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Capital Bar: $2 off Scotch and wine
- Ye Olde Bull & Bush: $1 off pints, $1 off bottled beers, $2 wells
- Eddie V's Prime Seafood (Fort Worth): $2 off drinks / $5 special cocktails / $5 wines by the glass
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Capital Bar: $2.75 Domestics, $3.25 Imports, $1 off cocktails & wine
- Theater review: Trinity Shakespeare Festival adds new twist to an old story in The Taming of the Shrew
- Theater review: Explore 1920s love and lust in Knock Me A Kiss at Jubilee Theater
- Photos: Fort Worth residents Rock the River at lively outdoor event
- Theater review: Fool for Love is a complicated love story propelled by great acting
- Theater review: Dive into the urban Renaissance of Harlem in Knock Me A Kiss