It Came From Dallas
11170 North Central Expressway , Dallas, TX
“It Came From Dallas – Behind the 8-Ball” is Dallas Producers Association’s eighth annual celebration of Texas filmmaking and filmmakers. We have a variety of local filmmaking professionals and celebrities scheduled to appear at this show and they’ll be introducing clips from films made in North Texas throughout the years including plenty of “behind-the-scenes” stories told by these industry pros who worked on films. Film historian Gordon K. Smith will be back with “Gordon’s Vault”, a collection of offbeat clips from lesser known films made in the Dallas area. We’ll present DPA’s Pioneer Award to two extraordinary Texas filmmakers Cynthia Mondell-Salzman and Allen Mondell of Media Projects.
The event is free to the public – though we do ask for a donation as this show is DPA’s fundraiser to support Texas Motion Picture Alliance an organization devoted to bringing production jobs to our area. Suggested Donation: $10.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- Firefighters locate body in debris after old Uncle Julio's caught fire
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Jenkins sells luxury condo en route to Oakland