It Came From Dallas
February 21, 2013
11170 N. Central Expressway , Dallas, TX
“It Came From Dallas – Behind the 8-Ball” is Dallas Producers Association’s eighth annual celebration of Texas filmmaking and filmmakers. We have a variety of local filmmaking professionals and celebrities scheduled to appear at this show and they’ll be introducing clips from films made in North Texas throughout the years including plenty of “behind-the-scenes” stories told by these industry pros who worked on films. Film historian Gordon K. Smith will be back with “Gordon’s Vault”, a collection of offbeat clips from lesser known films made in the Dallas area. We’ll present DPA’s Pioneer Award to two extraordinary Texas filmmakers Cynthia Mondell-Salzman and Allen Mondell of Media Projects.
The event is free to the public – though we do ask for a donation as this show is DPA’s fundraiser to support Texas Motion Picture Alliance an organization devoted to bringing production jobs to our area. Suggested Donation: $10.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Restaurant review: MoMo Italian Kitchen in Dallas is steeped in delicious tradition
- AMC Northpark will host free American Idol watching party January 14
- Green House food truck team will open restaurant inside NorthPark, with arty twist
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million