Meadows Wind Ensemble: I Have a Dream
6101 Bishop Blvd. , Dallas, TX
$7 - $13
The Meadows Wind Ensemble and conductor Jack Delaney present a Black History Month celebration of the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, featuring a performance of the iconic speech with narration by distinguished Meadows alumnus and star of opera and oratorio Donnie Ray Albert. The program also includes a gospel collaboration with the incomparable Hamilton Park Baptist Church Men’s Chorus, conducted by John Sherow-Tatum, and a performance of Olly Wilson’s A City Called Heaven. In addition, Albert will perform two traditional spirituals: “A City Called Heaven,” based on the Olly Wilson work, and “At the River.”
$13 adults, $10 seniors, $7 students/SMU faculty & staff
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course