Meadows Wind Ensemble: I Have a Dream
6101 Bishop Boulevard , Dallas, TX
$7 - $13
The Meadows Wind Ensemble and conductor Jack Delaney present a Black History Month celebration of the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, featuring a performance of the iconic speech with narration by distinguished Meadows alumnus and star of opera and oratorio Donnie Ray Albert. The program also includes a gospel collaboration with the incomparable Hamilton Park Baptist Church Men’s Chorus, conducted by John Sherow-Tatum, and a performance of Olly Wilson’s A City Called Heaven. In addition, Albert will perform two traditional spirituals: “A City Called Heaven,” based on the Olly Wilson work, and “At the River.”
$13 adults, $10 seniors, $7 students/SMU faculty & staff
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records