Oscar Night at the Modern
February 24, 2013
3200 Darnell St. , Fort Worth, TX
DFW.com, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, and the Lone Star Film Society join forces again to present a special "Oscar Watching Party." Beginning at 7 pm, walk the red carpet at the Modern, where DFW.com's crack team of entertainment junkies will be on hand to talk about the nominated movies and tell you if your outfit is worthy of a nomination. The Oscar broadcast will be shown live via satellite in the Modern's auditorium. Throughout the evening, view the broadcast via screens in the Grand Lobby and Café Modern with light snacks and drinks available for purchase and fabulous prizes handed out during the commercial breaks.
Admission is free. Auditorium seating is limited.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Capital Bar: $2.75 Domestics, $3.25 Imports, $1 off cocktails & wine
- Poag Mahone's Irish Pub: $1.75 wells, $1.75 drafts
- BoomerJack's Grill & Bar: $2 Domestic Pints, $3 Domestic Pilsners, $3 Well Drinks, $2 Jack Daniels, $4 Southern Comfort, $4 Tuaca Bombs
- Ye Olde Bull & Bush: $1 off pints, $1 off bottled beers
- Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge: $2 Domestic Drafts, $3 Wells, $4 House Wines
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally