Spreading the Light of Inclusion
February 25, 2013
to 5:30 PM
9800 Preston Road , Dallas, TX
The Faith Inclusion Network of Dallas is hosting the first of three free inclusive, faith-based communities symposia to create a collaborative network of faith communities to fully embrace individuals with disabilities and their families.
Keynote Speakers include: Erik W. Carter, PhD, Associate Professor of Special Education, Vanderbilt University’s Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and author of the book Including People with Disabilities in Faith Communities.
Bill Gaventa, MDiv, Director of Community and Congregational Supports, Elizabeth M. Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities; Associate Editor of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities; Executive Secretary Religion and Spirituality Division of the AAIDD.
For more information and to register for the free symposium, keynote presentations and morning/afternoon breakout sessions, visit www.JFSdallas.org/inclusion. A Community Celebration Dinner is immediately following and reservations are required at a nominal charge.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- CEO of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it
- Restaurant review: Cold? Try Miss Chi Vietnamese's pho beef