Tuesday Evenings at the Modern: Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite
February 26, 2013
3200 Darnell St. , Fort Worth, TX
February 26 - Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite, Kay and Velma Kimbell Chair of Art History, Texas Christian University
Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite, the Kay and Velma Kimbell Chair of Art History at Texas Christian University, is recognized for his scholarship in nineteenth-century to contemporary American art. He has been a valued participant in the Dallas/Fort Worth art community since his arrival more than three decades ago. Throughout the years, Dr. Thistlethwaite has actively engaged with the Modern by leading programs and demonstrating how the museum can be an educational resource by creating numerous university classes based on exhibitions and taught in the Museum’s galleries. He has served on the Board of Trustees of the Modern since 1983, and he co-authored the museum’s collection catalogue, 110, with the Modern’s curators Michael Auping and Andrea Karnes.
To commemorate Tuesday Evenings at the Modern’s tenth year in the Tadao Ando building, Dr. Thistlethwaite, who gave the first Tuesday Evenings lecture in 1979 on the work of Jackie Winsor, shares insights and stories as he presents his experiences and knowledge gained through a longstanding relationship with the Modern.
Free admission tickets (limit two) can be picked up at the Modern's information desk beginning at 5 pm on the day of the lecture. Seating begins at 6:30 pm and is limited to the first 250 ticketholders. A live broadcast of the lectures is shown in Café Modern for any additional guests. The Museum galleries remain open until 7 pm on Tuesdays during the series (regular gallery admission charge applies).
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Eddie V's Prime Seafood (Fort Worth): $2 off drinks / $5 special cocktails / $5 wines by the glass
- Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge: $2 Domestic Drafts, $3 Wells, $4 House Wines
- Capital Bar: $2.75 Domestics, $3.25 Imports, $1 off cocktails & wine, $26 bottle of mimosa, $15 domestic buckets on the patio
- BoomerJack's Grill & Bar: $2 Domestic Pints, $3 Domestic Pilsners, $3 Well Drinks, $2.50 Sam Adams, $3 Tito's Vodka, $15 Buckets of Corona and Corona Light
- Chuy's: $2.75 domestic beers, $3.95 house margaritas, $7.50 house Texas martinis
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun