M.K. Asante, Jr.
6405 Boaz Lane , University Park, TX
MK Asante is an award-winning author, filmmaker, and professor who CNN calls "a master storyteller and major creative force."
The author of three celebrated books, Asante is a recipient of the Langston Hughes Award. His latest book, It's Bigger Than Hip Hop, was hailed by the Los Angeles Times as "An empowering book that moves you to action and to question status quo America."
His other books are Beautiful. And Ugly Too and Like Water Running Off My Back. Asante's fourth book, Buck, a coming-of-age memoir, will be published by Random House in 2013.
An acclaimed filmmaker, Asante directed The Black Candle, a film he co-wrote with renowned poet Maya Angelou who also narrates the prize-winning film. He wrote and produced the film 500 Years Later, winner of five international film festival awards as well as the Breaking the Chains award from the United Nations. He also produced the multi award-winning film Motherland.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Restaurant review: New Campuzano Mexican Food spices up the gayborhood