Film Screening: The Forgotten Genius – William Sidney Pittman
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Witness the documentary “The Forgotten Genius – William Sidney Pittman,” a theatrical offering that pays tribute to the legend of William Sidney Pittman. Pittman, an African-American architect, was responsible for designing Dallas’ Pythian Temple and St. James African Methodist Church. The film and theatrical offering were created by the students of Charles Rice Learning Center in South Dallas, and will be showcased at the South Side On Lamar Theater.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Pictured: The Pythian Temple
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed
- Photos: Two hotrod chefs team up at FT33 for an intriguing nine-course dinner