Artful Musings: Art Spiegelman
February 27, 2013
Art Spiegelman is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of MAUS, a comic-book chronicle of his parents’ experience during the Holocaust. His comics are best known for their shifting graphic styles, their formal complexity, and controversial content. In 2005 he was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People. At this event he will discuss the history and evolution of comics, all the while explaining the value of this medium and why it should not be ignored.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Renfield's Corner: $1 off draughts / $1 off house drinks / $1 off wells / $1 off calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Primebar: $3 domestic beer, $4 wells, $6 house wine, half-off selected appetizers
- Miguel's Cantina: $3.50 original margaritas / $1 off fruit margaritas / $2.95 wells / $2.95 Mexican beers / $2.50 domestics
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $6 margaritas; $1 off all liquor
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers