Artful Musings: Art Spiegelman
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
$15 - $35
Art Spiegelman is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of MAUS, a comic-book chronicle of his parents’ experience during the Holocaust. His comics are best known for their shifting graphic styles, their formal complexity, and controversial content. In 2005 he was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People. At this event he will discuss the history and evolution of comics, all the while explaining the value of this medium and why it should not be ignored.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse: $2 drafts and $2.50 wine
- Ocean Prime: $7 select wines by the glass / $7 select cocktails / $3 domestics / $4 imports
- Two Corks and a Bottle: Half-price glasses of wine (except sparkling)
- Stoneleigh P: $2.75 drafts, $3.50 wells
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy