The Rimers of Eldritch by Lanford Wilson
February 27, 2013
6101 Bishop Blvd. , Dallas, TX
$7 - $13
The Rimers of Eldritch has been described as a play that prefigured David Lynch’s film Blue Velvet. This early work is by the Pulitzer Prize winner Lanford Wilson, a member of the Theater Hall of Fame, who was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters and received the PEN/Laura Pels International Foundation for Theater Award as a Master American Dramatist. New York Times critic Mel Gussow said it “looks behind the Spoon River Anthology exterior in order to expose the warring frustrations…of a small ghostly town frozen in time and place, the mid-century in the Middle West.”
Directed by Benard Cummings, assistant professor in the Division of Theatre.
$13 for adults, $10 for seniors, $7 for students and SMU faculty & staff
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Dude. Granada books Big Lebowski's Jeff Bridges for concert in April
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling