Dallas Architecture Forum: Lisa Iwamoto
February 28, 2013
3699 McKinney Ave. , Ste 100 , Dallas, TX
$5 - $20
Lisa Iwamoto is co-founder and principal of Iwamoto - Scott Architecture. Committed to pursuing architecture as a form of applied design research, the company engages in projects at multiple scales and in a variety of contexts consisting of full-scale fabrications, museum installations and exhibitions, theoretical proposals, competitions and commissioned design projects. Iwamoto-Scott's recent projects include: Voussoir Cloud, SCIArc Gallery, Los Angeles; ORDOS100; Hydronet, the winning scheme for City of the Future: San Francisco 2108; REEF, PS1 Young Architects Program 2007; and Jellyfish House, a theoretical house design incorporating ambient technologies for the Vitra Design Museum's exhibition OPEN HOUSE.
Iwamoto teaches design studios and graduate seminar at the University of California Berkeley. Her research focuses on digital fabrication and material technologies for architecture, and includes development of the CAD/CAM lab in the Department of Architecture. Her book, Digital Fabrications: Architectural and Material Techniques, an industry best seller, was published in 2009 by Princeton Architectural Press as part of its series Architecture Briefs.
Lectures are free for Dallas Architecture Forum members. General admission is $20. Full-time student admission is $5. Tickets can be purchased at the door before each lecture.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Place at Perry's: 1/2 off wines by the glass, $2 bottled beer, $4 draft, $8 martini
- Mattito's: $2 draft beer, $3.99 margaritas, free appetizers
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Texas de Brazil Churrascaria: $1 off all drinks
- Eddie V's Prime Seafood (Dallas): $5 Margaritas, $5 Mojitos, $5 Martinis, $5 select wines, $1 off all drinks
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger