Dallas Architecture Forum: Lisa Iwamoto
3699 McKinney Avenue , Suite 100 , Dallas, TX
$5 - $20
Lisa Iwamoto is co-founder and principal of Iwamoto - Scott Architecture. Committed to pursuing architecture as a form of applied design research, the company engages in projects at multiple scales and in a variety of contexts consisting of full-scale fabrications, museum installations and exhibitions, theoretical proposals, competitions and commissioned design projects. Iwamoto-Scott's recent projects include: Voussoir Cloud, SCIArc Gallery, Los Angeles; ORDOS100; Hydronet, the winning scheme for City of the Future: San Francisco 2108; REEF, PS1 Young Architects Program 2007; and Jellyfish House, a theoretical house design incorporating ambient technologies for the Vitra Design Museum's exhibition OPEN HOUSE.
Iwamoto teaches design studios and graduate seminar at the University of California Berkeley. Her research focuses on digital fabrication and material technologies for architecture, and includes development of the CAD/CAM lab in the Department of Architecture. Her book, Digital Fabrications: Architectural and Material Techniques, an industry best seller, was published in 2009 by Princeton Architectural Press as part of its series Architecture Briefs.
Lectures are free for Dallas Architecture Forum members. General admission is $20. Full-time student admission is $5. Tickets can be purchased at the door before each lecture.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Library Bar: $5 house wines / $3 domestics / $4 imports / $7 Library exclusive cocktails
- Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery: $1 off all wine, beer and cocktails
- Baboush: $5 signature sexy drinks
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre