February 28, 2013
Dallas Theater Center welcomes North Texans into the studio of artist Mark Rothko in the Texas premiere of Tony Award-winning Red, directed by DTC associate artistic director Joel Ferrell. This production turns the 9th floor of the Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre into Rothko’s studio and gives audience members an intimate look at the brilliant and volatile artist as he undertakes a new commission.
This show also marks the first production-specific collaboration between DTC and the Dallas Museum of Art, which will provide patrons and visitors the opportunity to learn about the world of Rothko by seeing the play at DTC, viewing original works of art by Rothko and his contemporaries at the DMA and engaging in special events about the work with both organizations.
Red opens with preview performances February 7-14 and runs February 15 through March 24.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
- Dream Cafe: Half off French bottles
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Adair's Saloon: Dom./Prem. pints - $2.50/$3.50
See more events classified as:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July