Young Masters 2013
February 28, 2013
to 9 PM
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
The Dallas Museum of Art presents the Young Masters exhibition, featuring selected works created by Advanced Placement Studio Art, Art History, and Music Theory students participating in the O’Donnell Foundation’s Create Schools of Excellence in Fine Arts Education Incentive Program.
The 2013 Young Masters exhibition includes original 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional works of art by AP Studio Art students, original essays in response to works in the Dallas Museum of Art’s collection by AP Art History students, and original four-minute music compositions by AP Music Theory students. This integration of all three disciplines reinforces both the interconnectedness of the arts and the mission of the O’Donnell Foundation’s incentive program, Create Schools of Excellence in Fine Arts Education.
This year, 620 works by AP Fine Arts students were submitted for consideration for the exhibition. From those submissions, fifty-six pieces were selected by a panel of respected judges for inclusion in this year’s Young Masters exhibition.
Incentive program schools with students represented in the exhibition are Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (BTWHSPVA), Coppell High School, Creekview High School, J. J. Pearce High School, Lake Highlands High School, Lovejoy High School, McKinney Boyd High School, Newman Smith High School, Plano East Senior High School, Plano Senior High School, Plano West Senior High School, and Richardson High School.
In the nineteen-year history of the program, more than 11,000 arts and music students have benefited from the O’Donnell Foundation’s AP incentive programs. Last year, graduating seniors earned over $18.6 million in scholarships.
Closed Mondays and New Year's Day.
Pictured: Samuel Hersh from Plano Senior High School won first place for Studio Art for "Do Not Resuscitate."
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Primebar: $3 domestic beer, $4 wells, $6 house wine, half-off selected appetizers
- Press Box Grill: $3 draft beer pints
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas