The Joffrey Ballet
In recognition of the 100th anniversary of Nijinsky’s iconic Le Sacre du Printemps (Rite of Spring), TITAS and the Joffrey are proud to present this classical masterpiece—complete with its original choreography.
The Joffrey Ballet has been hailed as “America’s Company of Firsts.” Among their long list of notable performances: first dance company to perform at the White House (at the invitation of Jacqueline Kennedy), first to appear on television, first American company to visit Russia, first to commission a rock ‘n’ roll ballet, first (and only) dance company to appear on the cover of Time magazine, and the first company featured as the subject of a major motion picture (Robert Altman’s “The Company”).
Founded in 1956 by visionary dancer, teacher, choreographer Robert Joffrey, the Joffrey Ballet is known for its unique, inclusive perspective on dance. The company, the audiences and the repertoire reflect America’s rich diversity through story ballets, reconstructions of masterpieces and contemporary works.
Guided by celebrated choreographer Gerald Arpino from 1988 until 2007, and now thriving under Artistic Director Ashley C. Wheater and Executive Director Christopher Clinton Conway, the Joffrey Ballet is one of America’s most recognizable arts institutions—and one of the top dance companies in the world. This season, TITAS and the AT&T Performing Arts Center are proud to welcome the Joffrey Ballet back to Dallas after a 20-year absence.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Ten Sports Grill: $2.50 domestics / $2.50 wells / $1 off premium drafts / $2.50 frozen drinks / $3 calls
- Sunset Lounge: $3 you-call-its
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy