The Joffrey Ballet
January 18, 2013
In recognition of the 100th anniversary of Nijinsky’s iconic Le Sacre du Printemps (Rite of Spring), TITAS and the Joffrey are proud to present this classical masterpiece—complete with its original choreography.
The Joffrey Ballet has been hailed as “America’s Company of Firsts.” Among their long list of notable performances: first dance company to perform at the White House (at the invitation of Jacqueline Kennedy), first to appear on television, first American company to visit Russia, first to commission a rock ‘n’ roll ballet, first (and only) dance company to appear on the cover of Time magazine, and the first company featured as the subject of a major motion picture (Robert Altman’s “The Company”).
Founded in 1956 by visionary dancer, teacher, choreographer Robert Joffrey, the Joffrey Ballet is known for its unique, inclusive perspective on dance. The company, the audiences and the repertoire reflect America’s rich diversity through story ballets, reconstructions of masterpieces and contemporary works.
Guided by celebrated choreographer Gerald Arpino from 1988 until 2007, and now thriving under Artistic Director Ashley C. Wheater and Executive Director Christopher Clinton Conway, the Joffrey Ballet is one of America’s most recognizable arts institutions—and one of the top dance companies in the world. This season, TITAS and the AT&T Performing Arts Center are proud to welcome the Joffrey Ballet back to Dallas after a 20-year absence.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Neo Pizza Napoletana by Olivella's: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $2 frozen drinks
- Angry Dog: $2.50 domestics, $3.50 premium beers, $3 wine and $2.50 wells
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger