Late Night at the DMA: 110th Birthday Party
January 18, 2013
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
Join us as we celebrate the DMA's 110th birthday. Dance the night away to the music of Brave Combo, listen to artist talks, explore our special exhibitions, compete against other teams in a Creativity Challenge, go on tours, and more.
Arts & Letters Live: Fresh Ink - Michael Ennis: Dallas native Michael Ennis will discuss his New York Times bestselling historical thriller, The Malice of Fortune, which has been twelve years in the making. 7:00 p.m.
Late Night Special Event - Personal Tours: Check out a docent for a personal 30-minute tour of their three favorite works in the DMA’s collection. Docents will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Late Night Main Stage - Brave Combo: Our annual birthday tradition is back. Dance the night away to the nuclear polka sounds of Brave Combo. 8 p.m.
Late Night After Hours Music Showcase - Sahara Smith: Sahara Smith is a singer-songwriter from Austin who creates rich and intensely soulful music. T-Bone Burnett states, “Sahara is the best new artist I’ve heard in years.” Presented in partnership with KXT 91.7. 10 p.m.
Late Night Tour - Insomniac Tour: Join Dallas-based artist Linda Ridgway for a tour of the exhibition Difference?, which features her work as well as that of many women artists. 10:30 p.m.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Brave Combo (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- T.G.I. Friday's: $2 Red Stripes
- Blackfriar Pub: $1 off all draughts
- RJ Mexican Cuisine: $4.00 Margaritas
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger