Late Night at the DMA: 110th Birthday Party
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Join us as we celebrate the DMA's 110th birthday. Dance the night away to the music of Brave Combo, listen to artist talks, explore our special exhibitions, compete against other teams in a Creativity Challenge, go on tours, and more.
Arts & Letters Live: Fresh Ink - Michael Ennis: Dallas native Michael Ennis will discuss his New York Times bestselling historical thriller, The Malice of Fortune, which has been twelve years in the making. 7:00 p.m.
Late Night Special Event - Personal Tours: Check out a docent for a personal 30-minute tour of their three favorite works in the DMA’s collection. Docents will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Late Night Main Stage - Brave Combo: Our annual birthday tradition is back. Dance the night away to the nuclear polka sounds of Brave Combo. 8 p.m.
Late Night After Hours Music Showcase - Sahara Smith: Sahara Smith is a singer-songwriter from Austin who creates rich and intensely soulful music. T-Bone Burnett states, “Sahara is the best new artist I’ve heard in years.” Presented in partnership with KXT 91.7. 10 p.m.
Late Night Tour - Insomniac Tour: Join Dallas-based artist Linda Ridgway for a tour of the exhibition Difference?, which features her work as well as that of many women artists. 10:30 p.m.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Brave Combo (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Samar by Stephan Pyles: $3 wells, $5 red and $5 white wine by the glass, $5 red and white sangria, $15 bottles of red and white wine, $15 carafes of red and white sangria
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Neo Pizza Napoletana by Olivella's: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $2 frozen drinks
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- City Tavern: $2 domestic drafts, $3 wells / 1/2 off appetizers
- Photos: Two hotrod chefs team up at FT33 for an intriguing nine-course dinner
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel