Dangerous Guitar Concert and Guitar Clinic
Featuring Clint Strong / Tommy Nash / Redd Volkaert / Doug Stouffer / Lance Lopez / George Lynch / Neil Swanson
World renowned recording artists and music instructors will perform for free and give free guitar lessons during this daylong event. Participants are asked to make a donation to three area nonprofit organizations in lieu of purchasing tickets.
Headliners include George Lynch of Dokken and Lynch Mob, Jazz Legend Clint Strong, Redd Volkaert (formerly with Merle Haggard and won a Grammy with Brad Paisley), Texas Blues master Lance Lopez, author-instructor-recording artist Doug Stouffer, Dallas Guitar legend Jerry Don Branch, Shooting Star Gun Slinger Neil Swanson and others.
The Day With Dangerous Guitar Opens at 10 a.m. with a guitar clinic taught by Lance Lopez and ends later that night with an all star jam session starting at 9:45 p.m. There will be food and drinks and other activities throughout the day. As an added extra, there will be large screens streaming the playoffs throughout the venue.
One of the concert’s beneficiaries will be Girls Rock Dallas, a nonprofit organization that offers music instruction as well as a variety of life-skill workshops in an all-female oriented atmosphere.
Nonprofit organizations will be on hand to showcase their work and to answer questions from concert goers. Recipients will be asked to make a donation to area non profits in lieu of paying for a concert tickets. Also, signed guitars will be auctioned off with 100% of the proceeds going to the organizations.
For more information call Doug Stouffer at 1-888 776-9994 or e-mail Stephanie Ward at Stephanie@redlimemedia.net.
10:00-11:00 Lance Lopez
11:30-12:30 Clint Strong
1:00 - 2:00 Redd Volkaert
2:30 -3:30 George Lynch
4:00-4:30 Neil Swanson
5:00 to 5:45 George Lynch
6:00-7:00 Doug Stouffer (Quick Set) /Lance Lopez Band
7:15-8:00 Redd Volkaert
8:00-8:45 Clint Strong/Tommy Nash
8:45 -9:45 All Star Jam: Jerry Don Branch, Doug Stouffer, Lance Lopez, Redd Volkaert, Neil Swanson, and more
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Lance Lopez (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Pastime Tavern: Ladies night: any domestic for only $1.50
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Gator's Croc & Roc: $2.75 domestic drafts, $2 off frozen drinks / 1/2 price appetizers at the bar
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day