The Eighth Annual MLK Symposium
to 8:45 PM
2520 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
$10 - $20
The Dallas Institute will present the Eighth Annual MLK Symposium focusing on "The Role of the African American Church in the Civil Rights Movement." Keynote speaker Ambassador Andrew Young, pastor, activist, politician, diplomat, seminal figure in the Civil Rights Movement, and personal friend of Dr. King will be speaking along with Rev. Dr. Zan Holmes and Dr. Keri Day. Admission is $20, $10 for teacher/students. To register, call 214-871-2440 or visit www.dallasinstitute.org.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- T/X Restaurant: $3 domestic beers, $5 house wines, $5 well drinks
- Jake's Old Fashioned Hamburgers: $3 calls / $2 domestic bottles / $3 schooners / $2 cosmos & appletinis
- The Idle Rich Pub: $1 off all drafts, house drinks, wells, and calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Ocean Prime: $7 select wines by the glass / $7 select cocktails / $3 domestics / $4 imports
- Maracas Cocina Mexicana: $4.50 flavored margaritas, $4.50 mojitos, $4.50 wells
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair