Dream Week Keynote Address
3140 Dyer Street , University Park, TX
Dream Week at SMU celebrates the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and recalls his speaking at the University in 1966. Sponsored by SMU's Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, the annual observance features a variety of activities throughout the week of January 21-25, 2013, including opportunities for community service and a commemorative walk.
Cheryl Brown Henderson presents "Brown v. Board of Education: The Legacy Continues." Cheryl Brown Henderson, one of the three daughters of the late Rev. Oliver L. Brown, who along with 12 other parents led by the NAACP, filed a lawsuit against the local board of education on behalf of their children in the historic school integration case Oliver L. Brown et. al. vs. the Board of Education of Topeka. The 1954 Supreme Court decision stated that "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking