Dawn & Hawkes / Mary Walker / Mando Saenz
103 Industrial Street , Denton, TX
It's been an encouraging first year for Dawn and Hawkes. After a happenstance encounter, songwriters Miranda Dawn and Chris Hawkes joined together to multiply their talents and formed a male/female fronted band touring the country and sharing songs, shows, and everything in-between. Dawn and Hawkes first appeared in front of a large audience at the Kerrville Folk Festival, where Dawn was awarded as a finalist in the New Folk competition for emerging songwriters. By June, they had recorded and released a self-produced EP, Golden Heart, featuring signature harmonies and an indie-folk sound influenced by Americana, country-rock, and classic Beatlesque-pop.
The debut album has earned the respect and admiration of songwriters such as, Jimmy Lafave, Glen Hansard, Josh Weathers, Bill Chambers, Kacy Crowley, and Charlie Mars, who the duo co-wrote with for their upcoming full-length release.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 martinis & frozen margaritas
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Hooligans: $2.50 domestic longnecks
See more events classified as:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton