Dawn & Hawkes / Mary Walker / Mando Saenz
January 24, 2013
103 Industrial St. , Denton, TX
It's been an encouraging first year for Dawn and Hawkes. After a happenstance encounter, songwriters Miranda Dawn and Chris Hawkes joined together to multiply their talents and formed a male/female fronted band touring the country and sharing songs, shows, and everything in-between. Dawn and Hawkes first appeared in front of a large audience at the Kerrville Folk Festival, where Dawn was awarded as a finalist in the New Folk competition for emerging songwriters. By June, they had recorded and released a self-produced EP, Golden Heart, featuring signature harmonies and an indie-folk sound influenced by Americana, country-rock, and classic Beatlesque-pop.
The debut album has earned the respect and admiration of songwriters such as, Jimmy Lafave, Glen Hansard, Josh Weathers, Bill Chambers, Kacy Crowley, and Charlie Mars, who the duo co-wrote with for their upcoming full-length release.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Hooligans: $1.25 select domestic drafts / $2 premium drafts
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: half price featured wine by the bottle / $3 house wine by the glass
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $3 shots / $3 Long Island Iced Teas
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer